segunda-feira, 30 de junho de 2008

Nova entrevista da GA e outras coisinhas...







Logo logo traduzo. Ela é uma fofa. E essas fotos? Eita mulher bonita!


Vives! Jul 08. Confessions of Lady X.


A conversation with the protagonist of the X-Files, the forerunner of a number of today’s shows like Lost, Heroes and Supernatural. Set to return with a spectacular production which premieres in theaters this month.

The final episode of The X-Files left open the possibility that the series would be back in 2012. But despite missing years for this symbolic date (when according to the Mayans the world ends), The brain (The Creator), Chris Carter, decided to interrupt the timetable with a film that brings back Mulder and Scully; the pair of FBI agents investigating the occult and the forbidden. Because before Lost, Supernatural, Heroes and Damages, it was they who guided us through the most enigmatic passages of history in The X-Files, the great milestone of 90’s television.

Vives! I spoke with Gillian Anderson, the red-haired actress who embodies the similiarly colored Agent Dana Scully, the skeptical side (and also sexy side) of this ongoing returning saga.

What can you tell us about the return of the X-Files?

"The only thing that I am permitted to say is that it is going to be a very frightening film. The best of the series with the resources of cinema".

What changes has your character, Dana Scully, experienced during her absence from the screen? (I can’t decipher the rest of that question).

They’ll see a Scully who is older and more mature. I think the writers did a very good job in presenting the characters and incorporating the passage of time. It is the Dana Scully that the fans know, but they will note that she is definitely not 30 years old anymore and that there are things that are not in the series or the first film.

What was it like to return to work with Chris Carter as the director?

Chris directed many of the episodes in the series, so I was accustomed to his way of working. He is able to handle a thousand things at once. He has the ability to keep things and equipment working properly. He’s very talented as a director and has a wonderful eye.

(Something to the effect of) What do you think when seeing current series like Lost and Supernatural that have inherited the mystery and the conspiracy of the X-Files?

In truth I am not familiar with these programs. But I am interested in the political factor in our history. I think that X could exist with Clinton, with Bush I am not very sure. I am going to put it this way: proposing that the FBI maintains a division that questions the government and the military was possible with Clinton, but now we don’t have that guarantee…do you understand?

If David Duchovny, your partner had not signed on to make the film, would you still have participated?

It was David who revived the idea of the film. If any of us had not shown interest in it this film would not have been made. I have been in touch with Chris and David since the end of the series and making movies together has always been a part of our future.

How was everything with the return of Fox Mulder (David Duchovny)?

Funny, Familiar, wonderful. It is interesting to return from a different/distant perspective and I wanted my work in the film to be as good as I could possibly offer. We could take more time with the scenes and revise them. With the television series it was very different because we only wanted to spend the day and go home because we were very tired. With the film, we worked as a team to make the scenes as good as possible.

Will there be another X-Files film after this?

If this film does well, the intention is that we meet every couple of years to do another and then another, etc…

And a return to television…

That is more complex and difficult, but in this business you never know…..

On the street are you recognized as Dana Scully?

(Something like) Because of the color of my hair now, in general, people usually only recognize me when I’m already far away from them!


How do you achieve balance between your professional and home life?

It is a challenge to maintain a relationship with a partner, to spend sufficient time with your baby and your adolescent daughter and to comply with a 16 hour work day! You have to be judicious about how you use your energy and also how you store it. The X-Files is the longest film I’ve done… almost two and a half months. The other projects have been for three, four or five weeks at a time. I’m not going to agree to do a shoot for so long again in such an immediate way because it has its consequences.


Would you like to do more theater work?

Definitely. In fact I’m doing something here in the UK that starts (?) at the beginning of the year, but I can’t talk about it yet. It’s a secret. I can tell you that it is a classical work, but not Shakespeare. There are very good people involved in the project and it was staged in a good theater in London. I am very emotional/excited about this, that’s all I can say.


(Something like) When it comes to the teen girl punk era. Will your teenage daughter follow in your footsteps?

(REALLY BAD TRANSLATION) She is definitely at this point. My daughter uses a Kohl pencil around her eyes, dresses in clothes of this era/ new wave, and listens to avante garde music. I believe that this is going to cost me (or I’m paying for …). So I’m paying if I have to!


What do you do when you are not working?

I have no idea! I took my daughter to Tate Britain to see a show the other day. The collection at school. I spend some time with my son during the day and we go to movies, we make dinner and also go out to eat. I’m going to see Radiohead with my daughter, they are my favorite band. Some friends took her to see the Spice Girls when I was working, so at least I didn’t have to take her to that. (laughs)

You wear a tattoo on your wrist. What is it?

I had it done five or six years ago. They told me it was Sanskrit when they put it on, but it is Hindu and one of the eight branches of yoga.


Do you practice Yoga?

Yes, I do. And I love it.



This is what the Picture Caption says:
Although the plot of the movie remains secret, we know that the film will be a historical (?) and supernatural, but not be linked to the alien mythology that became so strong in the last years of production in the series. In addition, the entertaining dynamic between Mulder and Scully will remain unchanged. "Mulder presented his ideas to Scully, who continuously rebutted," says Gillian. Some things do not change.


Dia 02/07/2008 o Chris estará respondendo perguntas dos fãs em uma rádio. Mais tarde coloco as informações de como participar.

Nenhum comentário: